Bike Delaware is going for the big time, but we cannot do it alone. Currently, our board consists of a few folks who have full time careers, yet are dedicating enough time to bicycle advocacy that it could easily be a second part or full time job. Below is a list of volunteer positions now open, which will help us expand and become a real force for change in Delaware:
1) Director of Marketing: Developes all of Bike Delaware’s promotional materials, tracks public events with tabling opportunities, and coordinates Bike Delaware staffing at public events.
2) DelDOT Major Events Liaison: Assists Delaware bicycle clubs with event registration and helps them communicate maintenance activities with DelDOT.
3) DelDOT Complete Streets Coordinator: Responsible for monitoring DelDOT’s implementation of its “Complete Streets” policy in new road projects. Includes reviewing the engineering plans in order to evaluate how well they fulfill the mandate of “Complete Streets”. The coordinator will attend DelDOT workshops and interview project engineers, as well as participate in efforts to adopt new bicycle and pedestrian-friendly engineering standards and guidelines at DelDOT.
4) Traffic Calming Advocate: This position is a source of expertise, and advocates for traffic calming. Includes the support of roundabouts, road diets, and various bikeway facilities such as bicycle boulevards.
5) New Castle County Coordinator: Represents Bike Delaware at the county level, focusing on issues unique to New Castle.
6) Kent County Coordinator: Represents Bike Delaware at the county level, focusing on issues unique to Kent.
7) Sussex County Coordinator: Represents Bike Delaware at the county level, focusing on issues unique to Sussex.
8) Drivers Education Advocate: Advocates for the inclusion of bicycle safety in the state drivers manual and education training.
9) Bicycle Ambassadors: Represents Bike Delaware on the street and at major events/rides.
We need your help if we are to accomplish our mission as a successful bicycle advocacy organization in Delaware. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org