An overview of the League of American Bicyclists (LAB) Smart Cycling Programs will be presented on Monday, June 6th, from 11:30-12:15, at Ameriprise Financial Services in the 200 building at Bellevue Park Corporate Center, Room 250. Time for discussion and questions has been included. Lunch will be provided.
The Smart Cycling Programs, designed for adults and children, give you the knowledge, techniques, and tips that will enable you to ride on roads and trails with confidence. They all promote cycling as transportation. An opportunity to register for Traffic Skills, Commuter will be available. The Traffic Skills, Commuter Program will be held in July, at this location (Ameriprise).
If you will be attending “Recognizing the Bicycle as a Vehicle”, send a confirmation email to email@example.com. A reminder will be sent to you the day before.
Introduction to League of American Bicyclists (LAB) Programs:
- Length: 45 minutes (20-30 minute presentation, 15 minutes for questions)
- Audience: Corporate/Business Employees
- Purpose: To introduce LAB Cycling Programs
- Goal – To promote cycling as transportation.
- Need to Know – Wear a helmet
- ABC Quick Check
- Riding Comfort
- Bicycle as a Vehicle
- Predictable & Visible
- Overview of Programs – Traffic Skills, Commuter
- Bicycling Skills 123
- Cycling Skills Parent
- Safe Routes to Schools
- Traffic Skills 101
- Traffic Skills, Motorist