About the Advocacy Awards —
The public nomination period for the 2012 awards is now open and will run through December 18, 2011.
Nominations are evaluated by a selection committee composed of Alliance staff, board, and advocacy organization representatives and the winner will be announced at a high-profile reception the first night of the 2012 National Bike Summit.
* Anyone can make a nomination. This is not limited to Alliance members.
* Anyone can make up to five nominations — limit one nomination per person, per award category.
* Nominations for the 2012 Advocacy Awards will be accepted until December 18, 2011.
* All nominations must be submitted by the deadline for consideration.
* For a nomination to be considered, all fields must be completed.
One of the award categories is “Winning Campaign of the Year.” This award goes to an organization for a winning campaign, in the last year, which has had the biggest impact for bicycling and walking. Their victory will dramatically increase biking and walking in their state/community or will dramatically shift the way that biking and walking are considered. Here at Bike Delaware, we are very proud of our 2011 “Walkable, Bikeable Delaware” winning campaign, which has dramatically shifted the landscape in Delaware. Does it merit an award?
Here are some articles describing the results of Walkable, Bikeable Delaware:
1) League of American Bicyclists: “$5 million dedicated to Bicycling in Delaware — ready to match with federal funds”
2) League of American Bicyclists: “How Delaware made statewide bike funding history with CMAQ”
If you’d like to bring this campaign to the attention of the Alliance for Biking and Walking as a possible “Winning Campaign of the Year”, there is a a very short form that you can fill out HERE.