Experience History Talk to Your Local Farmers Enjoy the Outdoors
807 Frenchtown Road, New CastleThe Historic Penn Farm, a 310 year old, 112-acre private urban land trust of the Trustees of the New Castle Common, managed by Delaware Greenways, Inc., is opening the gates to the farm and extends an invitation for the general public to explore.
* See the19th century granary, dairy barns, and John Crow homestead–a fascinating part of our local and national history
* Observe the growth of crops and further cultivation of the fields
* Talk to the farmers and farm managers about the crops, the land, and current/upcoming activities and events
* Hike along the pathways of the fields or sit along the knoll and sky gaze
* Learn about new area trails from Delaware Greenways, among them a future segment of the East Coast Greenway, which will pass through the property.
This self-guided, outdoor event and will be held rain or shine on Saturday, April 21 from 1 PM to 4 PM.
Parking at the Tract 6 Stand at 807 Frenchtown Road, New Castle, DE 19720. Walk through gate up Windmill Lane towards barns and John Crow house to begin your visit (weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes/boots for gravel roads/ grassy paths highly recommended).
Event Webpage here: http://www.delawaregreenways.org/pennfarm.html
From the North: take I95 South; exit 5A (SR 141S toward US13/New Castle); slight right onto Frenchtown Road/SR 273
From the South: take I95 North; exit 5A (SR 141S toward New Castle); keep left to SR 141 S ramp toward Basin Rd; slight right onto Frenchtown Road/SR 273