Between May of 1997 and March of 2008 (over 10 years), Delaware’s unemployment rate was between 3 and 4%. But for the last four years, unemployment has stubbornly...
Packed and Dynamic Agenda for WILMAPCO’s Nonmotorized Transportation Working Group on 8/7
WILMAPCO’s Nonmotorized Transportation Working Group presents quite possibly its greatest agenda of 2012. Details as follows:
When: August 7 at 3 pm.
Where: WILMAPCO, 850 Library Ave, Newark (map).
This is a remarkably dynamic and interesting agenda for the Working Group. As always, this meeting is open to the public, and citizen cyclist participation is welcome and appreciated!
* * * NMWG MEETING AGENDA FOR AUGUST 7, 2012 * * *
Call to order | Public Comment Period | Presentation/dicussion items
- FY 2013 Delaware Transportation Enhancement Program, Jeff Niezgoda and Richard Sinegar, DelDOT — The Transportation Enhancement Program provides funding for bicycle and pedestrian improvements, as well as other improvements such as those that enhance streets or historic transportation structure.
- FY 2012-15 Transportation Improvement Program Amendments, Heather Dunigan, WILMAPCO—WILMAPCO will update the committee on draft amendments to the WILMAPCO TIP, with an emphasis on bicycle and pedestrian projects.
- Bicycle Facility Design, Michael Jackson, MDOT—MDOT will make presentation on bike facility design from the recent Velo Mondial bike conference in Vancouver, BC..
- MAP-21 (Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century), Heather Dunigan, WILMAPCO—WILMAPCO discuss bicycle and pedestrian funding changes in federal legislation contained in MAP-21.
- Delaware Greenways Update, Jeff Greene, Delaware Greenways—Delaware Greenways will provide an update on their activities.
Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 2, 3:00 p.m.