• From Horses to Bicycles: Urban Bike Project Is Bringing Wilmington’s Old Stables Into 21st Century

by  • January 7, 2014 • Bike Projects & Co-ops, Events, No Digest • 11 Comments

From horses to bicycles: City's old stables find a new purpose

From horses to bicycles: Wilmington’s old stables find a new purpose

It used to be the City of Wilmington’s old stables. Now 1500 N. Walnut Street will be the new location of Wilmington’s Urban Bike Project (UBP).

The Urban Bike Project (UBP) has served Wilmington for the last six years from 1908 N. Market Street. By providing a means for the public to become self-sufficient in bicycle maintenance, UBP has promoted cycling as a safe, practical and cost-effective mode of transportation.

UBP’s Free Bike Program provides refurbished bicycles to people who don’t have a bike. Youth Earn-A-Bike is taught in schools and rewards program graduates with a free bike. And an Open Shop program offers folks the opportunity to use high-quality tools to make their own bike repairs with the assistance of UBP’s staff and dedicated volunteers.

To celebrate their new location, Urban Bike Project will hold a Grand Reopening Open House on January 10 (this Friday from 5 to 9PM) at 1500 N. Walnut Street.

To learn more about the Urban Bike Project, visit www.urbanbikeproject.com, email info@urbanbikeproject.com or contact Gary Camp at (302) 363-6946.

RELATED:

• The Urban Bike Project is Moving to a New Location!

Bike Projects and Co-Ops Archive of Articles

11 Responses to From Horses to Bicycles: Urban Bike Project Is Bringing Wilmington’s Old Stables Into 21st Century

1. Bob
      December 12, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Test

2. December 13, 2013 at 12:59 am

Why is it that there is no bicycle on the picture? Well anyway, I really believe that bicycle are nice aside that it can be a good form of exercise but these bicycles can also help us lessen air pollution and thus we are helping save our mother earth. I will check on your link for more details.

3. elvis cruz
      March 4, 2014 at 12:50 am

Great work from laura ,see you soon..

4. Senaida
      April 2, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn.

This is a very well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to
      read more of your helpful info. Thanks for the post.

I will certainly return.

5. April 15, 2014 at 2:47 am

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment
      (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted
      and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
      I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the
      whole thing. Do you have any points for rookie blog
      writers? I’d really appreciate it.

6. April 20, 2014 at 11:26 pm

This ultimate guide to becoming an Potty training expert.
      There are simply steps that you can take before you start that leans on both
      imitation and the curiosity that your child naturally possesses in abundance.
      If there is a lot of stress or chaos going on in your home, don’t try the 3
      day method of potty training.

7. April 23, 2014 at 5:34 am

What you may not know is the amount of education and strict standards carpenters must qualify for to be considered as professionals,
      especially in Canada. Building a shed on your own is beneficial in many ways.
      I prefer to use particle board because it is less expensive than plywood and works just as well.

8. April 23, 2014 at 10:17 am

Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but I had to ask.
      Does building a well-established blog such as yours
      take a massive amount work? I’m brand new to writing a blog
      however I do write in my diary every day. I’d like to start a
      blog so I will be able to share my own experience
      and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for
      brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!