We are so close. Just two votes away…
Twelve Delaware General Assembly committee members will vote TODAY on a proposal to invest over $10 million dollars in building a more walkable and bikeable Delaware. We’ve found five visionary members of the committee:
* Senator Robert Venables (D-Laurel)
* Representative Deborah Hudson (R-Wilmington)
* Senator David Sokola (D-Newark)
* Senator George Bunting (D-Bethany Beach)
* Senator Bethany Hall-Long (D-Middletown)
who understand the critical importance of this vote, and who we think will vote to fully fund Walkable, Bikeable Delaware. But we need seven votes to pass the committee, which means we need the votes of at least two more of the following committee members:
* Representative Helene Keeley (D-Wilmington)
* Representative Michael Mulrooney (D-New Castle)
* Representative John Viola (D-Newark)
* Representative Terry Schooley (D-Newark)
* Senator Joe Booth (R-Georgetown)
* Senator Colin Bonini (R-Dover)
* Representative Cliff Lee (R-Laurel)
With so much at stake for Delaware on today’s vote – economic competitiveness, chronic disease prevention, sustainable and cost-effective transportation options and quality of life, we must find two more votes – and two more heroes – among Reps. Keeley, Mulrooney, Viola, Schooley, Lee and Sens. Booth and Bonini today in Dover. Can you help by joining us in Dover today?
WHAT: Delaware General Assembly committee vote on DelDOT capital budget, including proposal to invest over $10 million in walking and bicycling
WHEN: 1PM, TODAY (Note: come earlier to make sure you get a seat)
WHERE: Joint Finance Hearing Room, Ground Floor, Legislative Hall, 411 Legislative Avenue, Dover.
Conservative business dress (suit and tie for men; dresses, suits or nice slacks/shirts for women) is appropriate for Legislative Hall.